Admit it…you love it when you wow them! It’s fun to play a prank or two on your students. At least, when it is in the name of science? April Fool’s Day is around the corner!
Here are a few ideas to have them rolling in the isles with you!
- Baking soda (1 teaspoon) + small amount of ketchup in bottle = WOW
- Exploding right out of the container
- This video does a good job of showing what happens.
- Soak an egg in white vinegar for 3 days. Rinse shell off with water
- Bounce it in front of your kids to see their shock!
- Put dry ice in a drawer and let it subliminate – watch students wonder why the drawer is smoking!
Dry Ice in a Drawer
- Wrap it with plastic wrap and casually ignore it.
- Watch the smoke come out of the drawer as students wonder in awe what is happening.
Remember- it is not about the fun. Make science fun again with a little April Fool’s prank!